TABLEAU TX1 FORENSIC IMAGER
CUSTOM-BUILT FOR DIGITAL INVESTIGATIONS
In the lab, or in the field, the new Tableau Forensic Imager (TX1) acquires more data, faster, from more media types, without ever sacrificing ease-of-use or portability.
Successor to the Tableau TD3 and redesigned from the circuit board up, the TX1 is built on a custom Linux kernel, making it lean and powerful. Every component is hand-selected and tested to guarantee reliability and performance when conducting forensic imaging operations.
BROAD MEDIA SUPPORT
Forensically manage a wide variety of media, including PCIe, 10Gb Ethernet and Apple Macs in target-disk-mode (USB-C, Thunderbolt, and FireWire):
The TX1 kit includes an optional fan-cooled Drive Bay (TX1-S1), which provides two cable-less connections for 2.5” or 3.5” SATA/SAS drives. With
the Drive Bay connected, examiners can employ up to four simultaneousSATA/SAS destinations.
SIMULTANEOUS OPERATIONS & QUEUING
The TX1 supports two concurrent forensic jobs along with a wide variety of Media Utilities without sacrificing performance. A forensic job is anything that involves creating a hash: Image or Clone, Hash, Verify, and Restore. Additional scheduled jobs begin as soon as an active job completes.
MEDIA UTILITY OPTIONS
In addition to forensic jobs that involve hashing, the TX1 can also simultaneously complete other media operations that do not involve hashing. Even while two forensic jobs are running, you can use the remaining available TX1 port(s) to perform any number of these media operations:
• View drive details • Wipe • Format • Blank Check • View & disable HPA/DCO • AES whole disk encryption • View S.M.A.R.T. • Eject media
ADVANCING THE TABLEAU UI
The TX1 enables examiners of all skill-levels to get the job done, fast, with minimal to no training. TX1 provides an intuitive, informative, and easy-to-use UI, all running on a 7” color touch-screen display.
BEAUTIFUL AND INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE
The TX1 features a tablet-sized (7”) color touch-screen display with navigation menus and features that resemble modern smartphones:
• Home tab enables quick operations in just two touches: (Duplicate, Verify, Hash and Browse)
• Jobs tab provides summary and details of active, queued and completed jobs
• SideNav gives access to Logs, System Settings, Network Settings and Imaging Defaults
• Pinch and Zoom
• Sensible Defaults
• On-screen warnings within various settings and operations screens
• Intelligent preconditions and rules to protect the user by disabling destructive operations on drives in use.
The TX1 performs favourably when evaluated against other available products, especially when comparing data transfer rates of forensic jobs that include two hash values: MD5, SHA-1 or SHA-265. However, when we think of performance, we think past just MB/second. Performance means efficiency – Completing the task or workload with minimal time, effort, and training.
Every component, design decision, and feature of the TX1 was included to improve efficiency, in the lab or in the field. From the intuitive user interface, to broad media support, simultaneous imaging, 10 GbE, and more, TX1 will save time and resources.
THREE-YEAR STANDARD WARRANTY
The TX1 unit comes with a standard three-year parts and workmanship warranty from the date of purchase. The TX1 Drive Bay and all other TX1 accessories have a standard one-year parts and workmanship warranty.
• Whole-disk, open-standard, destination drive encryption using AES-XTS
• Two USB 3.0 Accessory ports for connecting an external keyboard or exporting logs
• HPA and DCO support for the detection and handling of hidden/protected data areas on source drives
• Visual display of drive utilization of physical drive and file systems
• Optional multicolour LED and alert sounds for notifications
• Detailed forensic logs for case documentation
• S.M.A.R.T. verification
• Extensive drive detail
Tableau Firmware Updates (TFU) provide a FREE value-add to our customers. These regular updates provide new features, performance improvements, and product enhancements.