Magnet AXIOM is getting faster and easier to use with each release. With AXIOM 2.7, Magnet incorporated acquisition, analysis, and reporting improvements, as well as improvements to GrayKey analysis, Magnet.AI and AXIOM Cloud. New and updated artifacts were brought, including Windows 10 mail, QQ, and Naver browser.
Windows 10 Mail
- With AXIOM 2.7, you can find a new place to get emails, by retrieving emails from Windows 10 mail.
- With AXIOM 2.7, carving algorithm was fine-tuned to discard thumbnails recovered from parsed pictures, which greatly reduces the overall number of duplicate pictures that an examiner needs to review —scan time improvements are up to 15% on evidence with heavy picture content.
- AXIOM 2.7 adds further performance improvements in three key areas: unencrypted backup scanning, imaging progress, and report creation. Also, unencrypted iOS backups or GrayKey backup images can now scan up to 40% faster (dependent on case & workstation).
- In addition to the creation of HTML reports now being up to 2.5x faster, portable cases now exclude extraneous information that can’t be reviewed — allowing for faster creation and a reduced case size.
- Physical acquisitions for computers and some mobile acquisition methods also now display progress reporting during the process to give a better idea of time remaining.
- Easier to use Magnet.AI by allowing to configure Magnet.AI scanning in AXIOM Process to take advantage of machine time and processing overnight.
- AXIOM can also now filter on deleted evidence as AXIOM 2.7 adds additional attributes to identify artifacts from deleted sources.
Magnet AXIOM Cloud Updates
- Improved searching for individual users in an organization when logged in as an O365 or Box.com administrator
- A better experience when loading all users as an O365 or Box.com administrator
- Faster performance when loading the files / folder view when there are very large numbers of files and folders
New and Updated Artifacts
- Windows 10 Mail
- QQ — A popular chat application in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
- USB Devices 3.1+
New in iOS
- Screen Time Installed Apps on iCloud and family devices
- Apple Maps Trips — Allows examiners to review the list of all navigation trips searched for using Apple Maps. This artifact includes time stamps.
New in Android
- Naver Browser — Added support for the #1 web browser in South Korea. Also includes browser history support.
- WhatsApp (iOS/Android) — Added support for group chat member history, list of all user’s chats, and unread messages.
- Call logs (iOS/Android)
- KakaoTalk (Android)
- WiFi Profiles (Android)
- Safari Bookmarks (iOS)
- GrayKey Keychain (iOS)
- Email Attachments
If you’re already using AXIOM, download AXIOM 2.7 over at the Customer Portal.
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com