OpenText™ Tableau Forensic Imager TX1 2.0 is now available
OpenText is pleased to announce the release of OpenText™ Tableau Forensic Imager TX1 2.0. This major release is available in the Tableau Firmware Update 7.25 and is packed with new features and enhancements to address evolving challenges in forensic data acquisitions, while improving performance and usability. This release includes a new major firmware update for the Tableau TX1 Forensic Imager. The changes are described below.
Please note: this is a mandatory update for TX1 users.
Please download and read the updated TX1 2.0 User Guide to learn how to use the new features included in this release.TX1 version 2.0 User Guide.
What’s new in Tableau Forensic Imager TX1 2.0?
- Logical imaging and search – Acquire forensically-sound logical images from locally attached drives and network shares. Image the entire filesystem, manually select specific folders and files, or use the powerful Files to Acquire screen to define a targeted search profile using pre-defined and custom criteria.
- Drive detection with whole disk encryption – Automatically detects drives encrypted with the following whole disk encryption types: Microsoft® BitLocker and BitLocker To Go, Apple FileVault 2, Linux LUKS, BestCrypt, and Symantec PGP Disk.
- Apple Fusion Drive detection – Detects and presents both HDD and SSD physical drives configured as one Fusion Drive on Apple Macs connected to TX1 in Target Disk Mode.
- Display more USB device descriptors – The following USB descriptors are now displayed in the USB device media detail screen and reported in the forensic log: Class, SubClass, Protocol, VID (Vendor ID) and PID (Product ID).
- Bug fixes (detailed information on bug fixes and improvements are here)
Tableau Software update 7.25 can be downloaded HERE