Guidance Software (now OpenText) is pleased to announce the release of EnCase Endpoint Investigator 8.06. Guidance recommends that all customers upgrade to this latest release for the best overall product experience.
The EnCase SAFE and License Manager configuration has been updated. Before proceeding further, please click here for detailed instructions.
What is License Manager?
Customers who previously used a software license server (NAS) from Guidance Software must now install License Manager. The License Manager permits administrators to manage and serve licenses to authorized users of Guidance Software applications via a network connection.
EnCase Endpoint Investigator 8.06 introduces significant improvements to the EnCase indexing engine. With processing speeds now up to four times faster than previous versions, the time it takes investigators to create an index of their evidence file will dramatically decrease. Additionally, EnCase Endpoint Investigator 8.06 allows users to rapidly search evidence files more efficiency, ultimately saving time and costs per case.
More information is available in the EnCase Forensic 8.06 Release Notes and User Guide.
What’s New in EnCase Endpoint Investigator 8.06
- Enhanced Processing – Rapid creation of an index of an evidence file
- Improved Performance – Higher hardware utilization and decrease in index size
- Indexing Language Support – Indexing now available for over twenty languages
- Advanced Index Searching – Ability to search faster with a new query syntax
- Mobile Acquisition Improvements – Support for JTAG and IOS 11 device backups
- Usability – Simpler indexing workflows, as well as new fonts, colors, and icons
- SAFE Agent Update – Support for collecting data and snapshots from High Sierra OSX; parsing of APFS files available soon